[Pt53] Welcome to the Planning List for NCUC's Regional Outreach Session at ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Mon May 18 23:30:15 CEST 2015

Bill and all,

I think this reference is a great starting point for our regional meeting. We should consider discuss about the hottest topic on LAC of the moment, the Internet.org. I have tried to identify the true extension of this threat, and considering the dimension of Facebook, with 2.2 billions users in comparison with the whole Internet with 3.2 billions, we must seriously consider this debate in all Internet Governance arenas. Facebook this is far beyond a simple social network. With this project and the new others like offer to great media players to publish inside the platform, it's not difficult to realize that Facebook plan to be the Internet.

[]s
Joao Carlos Caribe

--
João Carlos R. Caribé