[Pt53] Invitation Materials

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Mon Jun 1 12:38:30 CEST 2015

Hello

Greetings from a bouncy train to Zurich, where I will soon inflict a final exam on students.

> On May 31, 2015, at 8:00 PM, Analia Aspis <analia.aspis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear group,
>
> I have already inform Bill that I will not able to collaborate in the group since I do have some other important issues to solve in the following weeks. Nevertheless, I do consider that I have done a quite nice work not only organizing the many ideas and proposals that
> we have been discussing in all the mails  but also identifying all the NGOs and networks that would be a target for the meeting.

I’m very sorry to hear about your schedule implosion Analía but understand entirely, I’m doing a million things at once myself.  I much appreciate all the effort you and Adela have put in thus far, and hope you will nevertheless be able to provide inputs as time allows and join us at the actual event.

> From my point of view, the next step will be sending the invitation to IG and ICANN networks where people such as Javier Palleros or Rodrigo de la Parra can give to the group a hand, since they do have access to specific mailing database.

> Since we do not know yet which organizations are going to attend Buenos Aires meeting, I do consider that a simple way to invite organzations and/or people would be to send the  invitation to the meeting throught the  networks we have listed in the google sheet.

Sure. Of course first we need to compile a list of people we can reach out to and develop the agenda and then an invite letter.  I have begun to work on the former, have asked a few people who are much involved about their willingness to do 2-3 minute intros to NCUC work in the respective areas, and have updated the Google doc accordingly.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRnbG-zlSzke5D2bQO30yXAu2kXxfuLNXIRL1jwj9v0/edit?pli=1 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRnbG-zlSzke5D2bQO30yXAu2kXxfuLNXIRL1jwj9v0/edit?pli=1>

For the latter we’ll draw on the London invite and add a little local customization.  It’d be great if people here would translate it into Spanish and Portuguese when we’re ready to send, I would think next week.  Our experience in doing these previously suggests sending invites about two weeks prior seems optimal, further in advance and people forget or change plans etc.

As to inviting, so far we seem to have about 15 concrete names with email addresses, and need more.  I would once again ask that members of this group with LAC contacts make suggestions/additions on the Google doc. Our experience elsewhere has ben that invitations sent directly to individuals seem to get much better response than general postings to mail lists, but we should of course do both and can ask Javier and Rodrigo to distribute as well.

Thanks again,

Bill