[Ncuc-eur] Reminder Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC webinar - Policy Writing Course for Non-native Speakers

Louise Marie Hurel louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 13:21:58 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well and keeping safe.

Please find below a recent email from our NCUC chair regarding the Policy
writing course.

As most of you already know we have been successfully conducting Policy
Writing Courses for the past years with the purpose of enhancing capacity
building and policy engagement within our membership.

Building on that past experience, we are now seeking to develop some new
strategies that speak to the diversity of our membership.

This includes, as a starter, evaluating the specific impacts and challenges
for non-native English speakers to engage in the policy process. That is
why we wanted to reach out and hear your thoughts and perceptions on the
questions shared by the NCUC Chair.

*1. Is there interest in taking part of this course ? If so, I would like
> you to reply to this email - offlist - confirming your attendance. *(Tentative
> week is 25-29th of may, date is yet TBD)
>
> *2. Is there any questions of topics you would like to see on this course
> ? Any doubts or current concerns that can better orient our shaping of this
> webinar are very much welcome. *

Please be so kind as to take one or two minutes to look at them. Your
feedback is greatly appreciated.

Let us know if you have any questions.

With best regards,

*Louise Marie Hurel*

Research and Project Development Cybersecurity and Digital Liberties
Programme | Igarapé Institute

PhD Student Data, Networks, and Society | London School of Economics and
Political Science (LSE)

Publications
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Louise_Marie_Hurel/publications>
Skype: louise.dias | Twitter: @LouMarieHSD <https://twitter.com/LouMarieHSD>
louise at igarape.org.br
louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com

*Recent publication*s:

Hinojosa, P; Aiken, K; & Hurel, LM (2020). “*Putting the technical
community back into cyber (policy)*”. In: Tikk and Kertunen. Routledge
Handbook of International Cybersecurity. London: Routledge.

Hurel, L. M. & Lobato, L. C. (forthcoming) “*Cyber-Norms Entrepreneurship?
Understanding Microsoft’s advocacy on cybersecurity*”. In D. Broeders & B.
Van Der Berg (Eds.), *Governing Cyberspace: Behaviour, Power and Diplomacy.*
Rowman and Littlefield.