[NCUC-EC] Proposal for better coordination and accountability

Pedro de Perdigão Lana pedrodeperdigaolana at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 17:02:47 CEST 2024

Hi everyone,

After a few months of working with you all in the EC, I have a small
proposal (actually copying something that the President of ISOC Brazil
does) to make so we can better coordinate among ourselves the tasks and,
better yet, show the community that elected us what we are doing on their
behalf.

The idea would be to fill a monthly doc on activities we have been
developing on behalf of non-commercial interests. Just one line per
activity, so we can keep track and show NCUC members what is being done by
us individually (while also writing down, in a separate section, collective
work, and relevant decisions we took as a group), which would serve (i) as
a good practice for accountability, (ii) a record of activities/decisions
and (iii) as a tool for spreading the work that is being done.

What do you guys think?

PS: I'm also cc'ing Andrea to ask if she knows if another group within
ICANN already does something similar, so we can use as a model.

Cordially,

*Pedro de Perdigão Lana*
Lawyer <https://www.nic.br/>, GEDAI/UFPR <https://www.gedai.com.br/>
Researcher
PhD Candidate (UFPR), LLM in Business Law (UCoimbra)
Board Member @ CC Brasil <https://br.creativecommons.net/>, ISOC BR
<https://isoc.org.br/> and IODA <https://ioda.org.br/>
This message is restricted to the sender and recipient(s). If received by
mistake, please reply informing it.