[NCUC-EC] Kigali Issue Forum Topic ideas

Ken Herman ken at kherman.com
Fri Apr 5 20:15:28 CEST 2024

Hello Benjamin and Ines.

Since ICANN80 will be in the Africa region, which doesn't happen very often,
we may want to think about topics that have are particular relevance to the
refion.

As the current and former EC members from the AF region, I wonder if either
of you have some insight into what those topics may be, especially as they
pertain to the non-commercial community. For example, do non-commercial
institutions in the region have any specific difficulty when it comes to
registering and maintaining domain names, or interacting with registrars?
Are there regulatory issues that inhibit domain name registration for these
groups?

Perhaps we can plan to brainstorm some topics at our meeting on Monday.

Ken