[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Travel Opportunity for ICANN77

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:52:44 CET 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Hago Dafalla <dafalla at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 11, 2023 at 4:34 PM
Subject: Travel Opportunity for ICANN77
To: andrea.glandon at icann.org <andrea.glandon at icann.org>
Cc: benakin at gmail.com <benakin at gmail.com>, Hago Dafalla <dafalla at yahoo.com>

Dear Sir

I would like to apply for the funded travel slot for ICANN 77. I shall and
able to participate actively in NCUC activities in and during ICANN77. I am
sure be  able to publish a blogpost  and participate in the post-ICANN
ICANN 77 meeting readout session.
I confirm that I am able to   Participate in the entire meeting.
I confirm that I am able During the meeting, participate in drafting
communications to the NCUC
membership regarding the sessions attended.
I confirm that I am able to Participate in a post-meeting membership call
to describe the
outcomes/activities of the meeting.

 Name: Hago Dafalla
 Contact information e-mail: dafalla at yahoo.com

Short statement  :
I am interested to receive travel support to attend the ICANN meeting in
Washington, DC, USA, 12-15 June,
2023. I need this travel support because  I am from developing countries
and my country unable to fund me to attend the
meeting, also to know the increased and grow in information technology in
the world.
To be part and engaged in the process as I am a member of NCUC and NCSG .
The last  ICANN meeting which I am attended face to face is in Costa Rica
in 2012.
  I am a Member of The Inter Register Transfer Policy Part C working Group,
ICANN, Member of Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings PDP
WG Working Group, ICANN, Member of Advisory
Group forDigital Engagement Project, ICANN, Member of  the MESWG Task Force
on Arabic Script IDNs, Working Group, ICANN. Member of
MultistakeholderAdvisory Group (MAG), for Arab Internet Governance Forum
(IGF)., 2014 to  2015, NomCom 2011 and 2012 (Nomination and Election
Committee),Member of AfriNic, The African Peering And Interconnection Forum
(AfPIF)  2016 Program Committee Member (PC).
15 July 2016: Member of Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) 2016, for
North Africa IGF .
Internet  Governance is the overall process of Internet management, its
security,  stability, and development. Currently there is lack of
understanding and knowledge amongst most Internet users in the Arab and
Africa region about Internet Governance, which impedes their full
participation and integration in the discussion as main stakeholders. As a
result, engaging Arab Internet users in the regional and global
debate about Internet Governance first requires building knowledge on the
subject.
After  My participation in this ICANN I shall work hard to Find ways and
means  to build capacity in the area of Internet Governance including
training
  programs, workshops and seminar on the Internet Governance, and raise the
level of Internet Governance awareness in Arab and African countries.

Yes I confirmed that I am able to devote an appropriate some level of my
time to all activities associated with a Buddy/Mentor before, during and
after the ICANN Meeting and will stay engaged or that I will volunteer to
mentor future NCUC and  NCSG mentees members .
Yes I  want to be a mentor or a mentee.
I Confirm that I am ready to attentive to all visa requirements and
other documentation to attend, should I will be accepted.