[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Expression of Interest for Travel Opportunity for ICANN77

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:51:31 CET 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Gbadamosi <john at mediarightsagenda.org>
Date: Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 9:29 PM
Subject: Expression of Interest for Travel Opportunity for ICANN77
To: <andrea.glandon at icann.org>
Cc: Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com>

Name: John Gbadamosi
Email: john at mediarightsagenda.org
Location: Nigeria
I’m John Gbadamosi and I’m currently a programme Officer primarily attached
to the Digital Rights Department of Media Rights Agenda. However, my work
cuts across freedom of expression, access to information, media freedom,
and grassroots advocacy, in addition to digital rights and Internet freedom
issues. Over the years, I have engaged with a wide range of actors and
communities on issues in these areas.

I have been an active member of the Noncommercial User Constituency (NCUC)
for a while in which I have gotten involved in some of their activities,
the recent one was the NCUC membership zoom meeting held on Thursday, the
2nd of February 2023. Being a member of the community, ICANN77 will empower
me to do more for the community and it will help me engage in a different
area because I will return from ICANN77 empowered with a lot of ideas and
knowledge. It will also afford me the opportunity to learn from another
clan the best practices.

Although I have not been as active as I would love to be, this was the
reason I reached out to Benjamin Akinmoyeje, NCUC chair about two weeks
ago, asking him how I can do more in the community activities. I told him
my intention and my readiness to do more with the community. After a brief
discussion with him, I told him the area I would like to start my
engagement in the community. I told him I am ready to work with him if I
can be given access to address issues with the community website.

The community generates a lot of information from events we hold and we can
turn them into content and share them on the website. We can make the
website more attractive and engaging which will project the image of the
community but the condition of the community website is far from that
level. I am still waiting for him to give it a go ahead.

As a member of the community, I will make an effort to create quality time
studying policy topics before, during and after the meeting, I will be more
than ready to stay engaged and volunteer to mentor future NCSG members. I
will be ready to give out to new NCSG members in the future.

If my application is considered, getting a visa will not be a big issue for
me with my travel experience, but I will be ready and attentive to all visa
requirements.

Thank you for considering my application.

--
John Gbadamosi
Programme Officer, Digital Rights
john at mediarightsagenda.org