[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Urgent - Travel Opportunity for ICANN77 - Reply before 23:59 UTC Feb 12, 2023

Benjamin Akinmoyeje benakin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:51:10 CET 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Christopher Momanyi <cmomanyi at strathmore.edu>
Date: Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] Urgent - Travel Opportunity for ICANN77 - Reply
before 23:59 UTC Feb 12, 2023
To: Andrea Glandon <andrea.glandon at icann.org>
Cc: Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com>

Dear Andrea and Benjamin,
Thank you for the offer. Please consider my expression of interest in the
travel opportunity. I am an ICANN fellow for ICANN 53, 56 and 59 I have
participated in 3 ICANN meetings – ICANN 53, 56 and 59 as an ICANN fellow.
I have been involved in various ICANN activities in my region. Currently I
am engaged in forming students to participate in ICANN activities. I have
formed an ICANN club and will be engaging students in various activities to
introduce them to the next generation programme. As I have done before
during ICANN meetings, I will make an effort to spend time and work with a
Mentor before, during and after the AGM and will stay engaged and I will be
ready to mentor NCUC mentees.

Yours faithfully

Christopher

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 at 20:54, Ken Herman <ken at kherman.com> wrote:

> Hello NCUC Members,
>
> The NCUC EC has learned of an urgent need/opportunity to fill one vacant
> travel slot for ICANN77 (Policy Forum, Washington, DC, USA, 12-15 June,
> 2023) and will make that available to a community member.
>
> Who can apply: Anyone who is a member of NCUC.
>
> Expectations: The selected candidate should be prepared to:
> -     Participate in the entire meeting.
> -     During the meeting, participate in drafting communications to the
> NCUC
> membership regarding the sessions attended.
> -     Participate in a post-meeting membership call to describe the
> outcomes/activities of the meeting.
>
> How to apply: If you wish to be considered, kindly send your application
> with the following information by the deadline:
> -     Name
> -     Contact information (e-mail)
> -     Short statement explaining why you would like to attend ICANN77
> representing the NCUC. Include a mention of which working groups or policy
> discussions you have been involved with and would like to be involved
> further. If you have not been involved in policy discussions, which policy
> discussion(s) will you become involved with? (please provide links to your
> mailing list contributions and your record of attendance in WG meetings).
> -     How much time, effort and work will you spend studying policy topics
> before, during and after the meeting? And are you willing to stay engaged
> or
> volunteer to mentor future NCSG members?
> -     Confirm that you are ready and attentive to all visa requirements and
> other documentation to attend, should you be accepted.
>
> Deadline: Please send the application by 23:59UTC Sunday, February 12, 2023
> to andrea.glandon at icann.org <mailto:andrea.glandon at icann.org>  with a copy
> to the NCUC-EC Chair (benakin at gmail.com <mailto:benakin at gmail.com> ). NB:
> replying to the NCUC-Discuss list is an insufficient application)
>
> Please feel free to reach out, should you have any further questions.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Ken Herman
> NCUC-EC North American Representative

Christopher Momanyi
Strathmore University
Ole Sangale Rd, Madaraka Estate
PO Box 59857 -00200 Nairobi, Kenya
www.strathmore.edu

*Note: *All emails sent from Strathmore University are subject to
Strathmore’s Email Terms & Conditions. Please click here
<http://www.strathmore.edu/en/email-policy> to read the policy.

"Visit our Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/StrathmoreUniversity>Page and Twitter
<https://twitter.com/StrathU>Account".