[NCUC-EC] Discussion and action items for April

Raphael Beauregard-Lacroix rbeauregardlacroix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 20:47:23 CEST 2021

Dear all,

Apologies again for canceling today's call. In view of what we need to
discuss, I suggest we skip this one and address what needs to be addressed
on list.

Action items with deadlines in *bold underline* below.

Please note the several informational points regarding the elections.

   1. ICANN 70 session summaries: this is a final call from me for you to
   post your session summaries, if you have any. *Please do so by Friday
   COB*, so that our members' minds are not taken by other matters (mostly
   elections and ICANN 71)
   2. NCUC Webinar: Milton, Adam, and Kathy have confirmed their
   willingness to participate for the historical/perspectives bit. I still
   haven't heard from Anriette so at this point I presume she will not be
   attending; I have reached out to Robin to see if she would be
interested. *We
   need to decide on a date. I will send you a separate email on that.*
   3. Elections: as per the now-usual calendar, we will be opening the
   candidate nomination period on 13 May, with check in beginning on 7. There
   will be a meet the candidates call at the end of May, with the elections
   themselves in June, before ICANN 71. I will be sending an email to the
   membership on those matters next week, containing all the details. Newly
   elected EC members will take their seat right after ICANN 72 in the fall.
   4. Elections, again: do note that I will not be running for NCUC chair
   again, nor for any other leadership position. I will unfortunately have
   limited time to give to ICANN in the coming 12-18 months with what is going
   on family-wise for me. Hence the chair position will be open.
   5. Elections, finally: as a reminder, if you wish to run for anything
   (including your own current position) you will need to be nominated and
   then be re-elected. You can self-nominate or ask one of your fellow NCUC
   members to do so, or just wait and hope someone nominates you (although
   thats a risky strategy ;)) Also, we are running these elections in parallel
   to those for the NCSG EC and the Council, should you wish to go towards
   that.

Have a nice day,