[NCUC-EC] NCUC EC meeting - Notes and action points

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:20:54 CEST 2020

Dear EC,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for this past call and your
contributions!

As promised im sharing with you some of my notes:

*1. ICANN69 *
- NCUC will host a constituency meeting at oct 14th and we discussed a
simple agenda including a short presentation of the constituency for
newcomers, presentation of the new leadership, policy updates and also a
discussion on the Constituency Review process.
*Action point: *@all EC members to take a look at the agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r0KvFCQxFWNZ0cEzaTKEReo4q7qqxrf1edRtVX6PR1g/edit>
and see if they agree with it

- Social media and Blog about ICANN69 - NCUC website has a blog that anyone
can use and we discussed the need to be more vocal on the weeks before the
meeting. So, if anyone wants to help with this please let me know. We can
also think about bringing back the Ask at NCUC live twitter Q&A
*Action point: *think of ways we can use our social media and blog and
evaluate if we want to do another Ask at NCUC.

- Check if there is any possibility of hosting an outreach during ICANN69 -
if we cant find any space within the schedule we can do something after
icann 69, such as a readout or a debrief meeting.

*2. Leadership Transition*
- We discussed the need for more clear information to incoming EC members
about the administrative work just so everyone is on the same page about
the tasks and organization. Therefore we created a transition document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LZLzNcg9c4tqQ5SmsZ_6VBvCUrq4lVpa-Gk7z0FmqWw/edit>
for the current EC to fill with their tasks and job descriptions.
*Action Points:* Current EC to fill in the transition document and schedule
a transition meeting before ICANN69 with current and incoming leadership.

- Introductory meetings with GSE Team and Mary/Maryam/Brenda present the
new EC, in order for everyone to get to know their contact points.
*Action Point:* Bruna to schedule meetings with GSE and ICANN Staff shortly
after ICANN69

I guess that is it for now, I will ask @Maryam Bakoshi
<maryam.bakoshi at icann.org> and @Brenda Brewer <brenda.brewer at icann.org> to
send you a new doodle for us to schedule the transition meeting and ask you
all to review the agenda and fill in the docs.

And thank you very much for a very productive meeting!

Best regards,
--
*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos