[NCUC-EC] Prepping for ICANN68

Louise Marie Hurel louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:47:02 CEST 2020

Hi Mili,

Thanks for this! Looks great!

My only comment would be with regards to question 3 (What should be some of
the sessions/policy tracks we should be watching closely?). Instead of
asking what we should be watching closely, I'm wondering whether it might
be best for them express their priorities (question 1, for example) rather
than recommendations for what the EC/NCUC should follow.

This made me think about whether it might also be interesting to consider a
more general pre-meeting blog post with some handy info for us to circulate
in social media. Similar to the pre-meeting emails, but perhaps worded as
an invitation to participate. Short, simple, straightforward - or even team
up with NCSG to support something of the sort, since this is a policy
meeting. This could either precede or follow Mili's blog post - or even
complement it.

Would be glad to hear the EC's thoughts on this.

Something like:
- Key topics to keep an eye out for
- What to follow (a summary of the Non commercial sessions)

Best,

*Louise Marie Hurel*

Research and Project Development Cybersecurity and Digital Liberties
Programme | Igarapé Institute

PhD Student Data, Networks, and Society | London School of Economics and
Political Science (LSE)

Publications
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Louise_Marie_Hurel/publications>
Skype: louise.dias | Twitter: @LouMarieHSD <https://twitter.com/LouMarieHSD>
louise at igarape.org.br
louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com

*Recent publication*s:

Hinojosa, P; Aiken, K; & Hurel, LM (2020). “*Putting the technical
community back into cyber (policy)*”. In: Tikk and Kertunen. Routledge
Handbook of International Cybersecurity. London: Routledge.

Hurel, L. M. & Lobato, L. C. (forthcoming) “*Cyber-Norms Entrepreneurship?
Understanding Microsoft’s advocacy on cybersecurity*”. In D. Broeders & B.
Van Der Berg (Eds.), *Governing Cyberspace: Behaviour, Power and Diplomacy.*
Rowman and Littlefield.