[NCUC-EC] Crop info and request - Rightscon

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 05:50:43 CET 2020

Dear all,

Any thoughts on my request ?

At the opportunity, Ben asked me on a different thread (or maybe private
email) how could we instruct members about the use of CROP, so here it
goes.

Any member - including myself - should submit to the EC a request for the
travel slot, with a little justification on how the use of the resource
would be important and connects with NCUCs mission and outreach plan. Then
we vote on wether allocate the resource or not. But at this point all we
need is a formal request sent to the Chair and @Maryam Bakoshi
<maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>, so we can kick off the voting here.

Important things: (a) ICANN org can deny the request, if they dont see that
the event has any connection to DNS or any similar debates we host there;
(b) the travel is a maximum of 3 nights and 4 days; (c) the travel has to
be within the regions, meaning LAC members attending LAC events, African
members attending African events and so on; and (d) these three slots
should only be requested for events with a set date until June 30th.

@Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com> let me know if you have further
doubts ?

best,

--