[NCUC-EC] Reminder ! Fwd: EC Meeting with the GSE teams

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:40:51 CET 2020

Hey All,

I would just like to share some notes I took at yesterday's meeting and I
think both Ben and Franco could help me in case I forgot anything:

- First of all, I would like to point out that it was an initial meeting
with the GSE team and regional VPs for them to know you and your names and
also consider NCUC when organizing regional events.
- At the meeting Ben was really pertinent by pointing out that in some
regions, ICANN org is failing to include NCUC/NCSG at their outreach
activities as they often plan those activities with ALAC exclusively. I
believe it was important for GSE to understand that we are aware of this
issue and willing to collaborate with them.
- As an action point I promised them a list of important
collaborators/volunteers of NCUC/NCSG divided in regions, in a more
granular way. This list, together with our EC members, would help them
identify active volunteers within the regions to work with.
- Another thing that was required from us would be to help GSE identify
people at the MEAC region, a subgroup of the African region, that they
could work together with. It would be important for us - looking at ben
here - to ask the list or reach out to MEAC members (all hopefully included
at NCUC-AF) to work as contact points for Baher when working with the
region.
- A similar request of attention to the APAC region was shared too, and the
manager, Save, indicated interest in working together with Mili for
improving our engagement in the region.
- We were asked about our interest in helping out with webinars and
readouts at the different regions and we confirmed so.
- GSE was informed about our idea of an ABR directed at advocacy skills and
cultural diversity for our members, and they offered to take a look at the
document once its finished.
- Chris Mondini is leaving the NA VP position and just started as EU VP, in
the meantime Joe Catapano -  joe.catapano at icann.org - is the current GSE
manager for NA.

I believe that is all, but feel free to add stuff @franco giandana
<fgiandana at gmail.com> @Benjamin Akinmoyeje <benakin at gmail.com> !

Ah, Adam Peake shared a full list of GSE regions this morning that would be
important for you to consider when looking at your own regions:
https://community.icann.org/display/soacabout/CROP-FY20?preview=/111382225/111390048/GSE%20Geographical%20Regions%20-%20ALL%20GSE%20REGIONS.pdf

Best Regards,
Bruna Santos