[NCUC-EC] NCUC - CROP Outreach strategic plan

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 13:23:07 CEST 2019

Hey, Ines!

With regards to deadline, I told you about this on our call and that we
also had to submit it until the 10th (so I thought there would be no need
to set a deadline given we all spoke about it before). Additionally, I had
sent it here on the list and no one else other than Michael chimed in - but
I guess its all fine. The document is written and I am submitting it soon.

I completely understand the concerns about the CROP not going to Africa,
but considering that during the Marrakech meeting we are using two crop
slots with african members I thought we could balance that out in the near
future. I really wish CROP slots were back to the global status, during the
FY19 only members from Asia and AF got the slots and the fact that we have
to align it with the new rules makes it all a bit hard. Therefore, the way
I suggested was one crop for one icann meeting, most likely Montreal,
another one for one regional Internet Governance Meeting and one last to
rightscon, so we can open it for the membership to decide and apply. You
might also remember that the CROP slots are no longer global, and only open
for use in the regions, so the IGF one is out of the table.

best,
Bruna