[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [urgent] NCUC Delegate to the Nominating Committee - Cast in your votes until thursday, 12h00 utc

Louise Marie Hurel louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 14:27:06 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm thrilled to see so many qualified people running for this position,
especially since it is one that requires experience, energy, and time.
After having gone through the statements, I have to say that we have a
fantastic pool of committed candidates and sincerely hope we can build this
same spirit for other positions in the near future. Also, I would love to
see more women (and women from the global south) applying for future
positions.

My decision has been mostly informed by a balance between ICANN and
outside-ICANN experience. I share a similar view as Anriette on the
strengths and potential areas for improvement in each candidate.
Particularly impressed by Olga's record. We should keep an eye out for her.

I was quite divided between Wolfgang and Julf. Julf has been our GAC
liaison and has excellent experience within ICANN -- I actually see him
working with the NomCom. However, I tend towards Wolfgang given his
target-focused experience at the exact intersection between ICANN and
broader IG. His track record serving in different boards and commissions
significantly weighted in breaking the tie. My vote goes to Wolfgang.

All the best,

*Louise Marie Hurel*

Research and Project Development Cybersecurity and Digital Liberties
Programme | Igarapé Institute

Publications
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Louise_Marie_Hurel/publications>
Skype: louise.dias