[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC CROP Slot - Call for applications

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:23:46 CET 2019

Another application for the CROP slot.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Amir Qayyum <qayyum at gmail.com>
Date: sáb, 12 de jan de 2019 às 17:16
Subject: Re: [NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC CROP Slot - Call for applications
To: <chair at ncuc.org>, Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Hello,

I would like to submit my application for NCUC CROP sponsored
travellers for ICANN64 to be held in Kobe, 9-14 March 2019.

- My full name is Amir Qayyum, and my email ID is qayyum at gmail.com.

- Arrival date in the meeting will be Saturday 09 March, and departure
date from the meeting will be Friday 15 March. For the journey, the
departure and arrival city will be Islamabad, Pakistan.

Statements on Eligibility Criteria:
-----------------------------------

- I have voted in the 2018 NCUC election, and can be verified from the
record.

- I am actively engaged in NCUC’s work, however, as I am new in NCUS
(since 2018), therefore, most of my participation is for understanding
this new constituency (NCUC/NCSG), and then carefully listening to the
policy discussions.

- I commit to be present at the ICANN 64 meeting

- I also agree to participate in any NCUC, NCSG and GNSO meetings held
during the meeting

- I agree to write a brief post-trip report for the NCUC website
reflecting on what I have achieved from the meeting, and the main
developments, related to NCUC

- I confirm that I have not received NCUC funding to attend any
previous ICANN meeting

- I agree to make my own travel, accommodation, visa, and related
arrangements and I understand that I will be reimbursed after the trip

Why I would like to attend ICANN64 representing NCUC
My engagement in ICANN started in 2012, with ICANN 45 meeting in
Toronto, as a fellow. Since then I tried to get involved with ICANN
activities, through various constituencies. I attended three ICANN
meetings as a fellow and then two more as a fellowship coach. From
2015 to 2017, I was mostly involved with ALAC. From 2015 to 2017, I
also served as a member of ICANN Nominating Committee, representing
ALAC-APRALO. This helped me a lot to understand the strategic level
ICANN objectives and requirements.

In 2017, I had a number of discussions with Milton Muller, Farzaneh
Badii and Tatiana Tropina. Consequently, in 2018, I became the member
of NCUC, and then I started working in this new constituency. I
attended almost all NCUC sessions during the ICANN 61 meeting in
Puerto Rico, and then in ICANN 62 in Panama. I am always looking for
opportunities to enhance my skills in PDP, in order to elevate my
engagement in ICANN. In this regard, I have applied for the GNSO PDP
Training Workshop which is happening in February 2019 in Dubai, in
order to get the required experience of Policy Development Process. If
I get the chance to attend it, I will be better equiped to contribute
effectively in NCUC / GNSO work during the ICANN 64 meeting in Kobe. I
am enthusiast and willing to commit time and effort, so that I can be
more actively engaged in ICANN PDP(s).

Time, effort and work committment
----------------------------------
I am committed to put my time and effort to learn and study policy
topics before, during and after the meeting. After the meeting, I will
stay engaged, and will also volunteer to mentor future NCSG members.

Thanks, and best regards,

Amir

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:09 AM Bruna Martins dos Santos
<bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Happy new year!  It’s time to receive candidates for NCUC CROP sponsored
travellers for ICANN64 to be held in Kobe, 9-14 March 2019!

> We ask you to be ready and attentive to all visa requirements and as you
prepare the documentation to attend, should you be accepted. Invitation
letters can be requested here and you can find more information at the
Meeting page.

> According to the new crop rules, the travel slot is only available for
one attendee from the apac region who wishes to be more involved with
activities of the stakeholder group. Please check our Travel Policy to see
if you are eligible (https://www.ncuc.org/get-involved/travel-policy/).

> The selected candidate should participate in all meeting days and will be
assigned an onsite mentor.

> In your application, please include the following information:
>

> Name
>
> State the departure and arrival dates/city (this specific call is only
open for members based in the APAC region)

> Short statement explaining why you would like to attend ICANN64
representing NCUC and a short project/plan of engagement with the
activities you plan to participate and also explaining which working
groups/policy discussions are you planning to be engaged with or wish to
enhance your participation,

> DEADLINE - Please send the application by January 12th to:
>
> chair at ncuc.org
>
> maryam.bakoshi at icann.com
>

> Applications will be reviewed by our Executive Committee and successful
candidates will be announced 17 jan 2019 or as soon as EC concludes
deliberation.

> TIPS:
>

> Consider the following points in your statement.
>

> 1. Why do you want to attend the meeting? Which Working groups or
>
> policy discussions you have been involved with and would like to be
>
> involved further. If you have not been involved in policy discussions,
>
> which policy discussion(s) will  get involved with? (please provide
>
> links to your mailing list contributions and your record of attendance
>
> in WG meetings)
>

> 2. How much time, effort and work will you spend studying policy
>
> topics before, during and after the meeting? And will you stay engaged
>
> or volunteer to mentor future NCSG members? If you have been a part of
NCUC Buddy Pilot program or plan to participate in this or other