[NCUC-EC] Fwd: NCUC CROP Call for ICANN65 Marrakech - Policy Forum: Application for Bukola Oronti

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:30:30 CEST 2019

First CROP applicant!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De : Bukola Oronti <bukkiepharworley at gmail.com>
Date: mer. 3 avr. 2019 à 15:57
Subject: NCUC CROP Call for ICANN65 Marrakech - Policy Forum: Application
for Bukola Oronti
To: <chair at ncuc.org>, Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>

Dear Chair,

Though I am a new member in NCSG, I have been a close observer for more
than a year and I am grateful that my application was approved.

Over the years I have been actively involved in ICANN policy development
processes and in order to help continue an active engagement I am applying
for travel support of the NCUC.

I have been a member of the following groups and participated in calls and
meetings, such as:

- AtLarge Social Media Working Group:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Social+Media+Working+Group

- AFRALO

I am also an active member of the Internet Society and currently a chapter
executive (Nigeria / Financial Secretary).

I have been actively involved in series of ISOC programs both locally and
globally. I am also a co-chair/EC liaison for Policy & Governance working
group in Nigeria Chapter.

I have organized series of Internet related programs under the umbrella of
ISOC such as

- 2018 Chapterthon event (University of Ibadan): IoT & Security Awareness
campaign

- 2018 (Webinar) Data Protection & Privacy – Impact of EU GDPR on Nigeria’s
Digital Economy (Moderator)

- 2018 (Webinar) Opportunities & Participation within the Internet
Ecosystem Nigeria/Africa/Global (Moderator)

- 2019 Safer Internet Day (Ibadan / Organizer)

- 2019 Internet Shutdown (Co-Moderator)

- 2019 Community Networks (Co-Moderator)

Currently a co-organizer for the Nigeria School of Internet Governance
(July, 2019). Also a volunteer for Internet society’s Chapterthon Process
Working group.

My participation in different for a within the Internet space has seen my
contributions on Internet governance policy issues ranging from data
privacy, copyright and IPs and cyber security, sustainable access, digital
rights, media literacy, and development and capacity building in deployment
of IPv6 and other Internet related issues that affect my country and by
extension the continent.

I am highly interested in the development and implementation bit of a
global public interest framework bounded by ICANN mission of the strategic
plan. I am looking forward to being at the table and participate. Its been
four years that I attended an ICANN meeting onsite, though I have always
done my best to join remotely. I look forward to broadening the horizon of
my current engagement in both NCUC and NCSG. I am determined to do my best
to keep along and be in active participation and attendance with the
ICANN65 sessions especially those that concern the NCUC, NCSG and GNSO
since I believe these are the areas I believe will help me actualize my
dreams.

I intend to make a brief post blog post recounting on the highlights of the
meetings main developments especially as it relates to NCUC. Also, not
forgetting that as a social media WG member, I will take advantage of my
membership to share these highlights live during the meeting period.

I look forward to a favourable response from you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Bukola Oronti.

--