[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Statement of Interest for IGF Fellowship Consideration.

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:06:42 CET 2018

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Akinremi Peter Taiwo <compsoftnet at gmail.com>
Date: dom, 28 de out de 2018 às 16:17
Subject: Statement of Interest for IGF Fellowship Consideration.
To: Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>, <chair at ncuc.org>

Dear Maryam and NCUC Chair,

  Please ignore the previous email that was sent. There is a few amendment.

   It would be my pleasure to be consider for a travel fellowship to attend
the 13th IGF in France.

I would be pleased to erect the banner of NCUC and explain the value and
objective of NCUC to IGF participants at the booth and hold the position of
NCUC (noncommercial interest) during the IGF sessions that relates to user
privacy, Domain Name and especially that of data protection and issues
related to ICANN.

As part of the outreach, I would support the NCUC leadership team to the
IGF to plan and make the booth interactive as well as tweets activities.
Aside of the major activity, if possible to join any session, I would join
a session that is interested to NCUC and make the stand of NCUC know and
reflected.

As an active member of the NCUC, have been regular to the monthly calls,
policy training and as a pen holder as well as co-drafter of public
comments. It’s no doubt that I would be able to represent NCUC very well at
the booth session. Also, for emphasis, I was one of the recent candidates
for the NCUC African seat which shows my interest in defending the interest
of NCUC.

The NCUC primary aim is to advocate for non-commercial interest in the
ICANN and beyond the ICANN environment. To fulfill that mandate, NCUC
develop and make input into policy in ICANN and various working groups
while collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure non-commercial
interest are protected. And in other to ensure non-commercial voice is
heard, NCUC organizes outreach events to sensitized global stakeholders of
the need to put non-commercial interest first and also used that
opportunity to recruit potential member that would serve as NCUC
ambassador.

I would be taking part in a main session as a remote moderator on a digital
accessibility and inclusion session, which somehow related to noncommercial
activities in ensuring equal access to internet and as a basic human right.
As broad as access and digital inclusion, user privacy and data protection
is one of the core positions of the NCUC. Here is the link to the main
session proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18zNp8X4q8t8jnj9kECR_7Wvq3ayLbg1YJksbyEgkR-M/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18zNp8X4q8t8jnj9kECR_7Wvq3ayLbg1YJksbyEgkR-M/edit?usp=sharing&fbclid=IwAR13aMi_BAHWdA7n-TMpcJp1s1_kd3w3hgM1Xx6x1QC-bk5IY8sITC-bbIw>

I would be required to be sponsored to an IGF in Paris to take care of my
stay throughout the meeting with a sum of 2000 USD as stated in the call to
fund my flight ticket, hotel, local transport etc.

I look forward to a favorable response.

Regards.

--
*Akinremi Peter Taiwo (IT Consultant <http://www.compsoftnet.com.ng>)*