[NCUC-EC] Reminder: Procedures for EC funding allocation

hfaiedh ines hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:39:24 CET 2018

Thank you Renata

My suggested Activity Plan for ICANN62 which will be more developed once
schedule is out, I think as it is a Policy meeting, I hope we can still
have an outreach initiative during or after the NCSG Policy Course to make
sure attendees understand what NCUC is and where it stands in NCSG and
ICANNin general.
For outreach, I would highly recommend, for the interest of time and since
we will not have a constituency day, that we focus only on NCUC in our
outreach or NCSG as a stakeholder.
I have received great feedback on our outreach sessions we held with
At-large but I feel we might need this opportunity to highlight who we are
and what we do in a more targeted way and I would like to be part of the
outreach efforts in planning and onsite facilitation, moderation or
presentation.
I also see outreach as an opportunity to share work on track-issues: We can
invite experienced and knowledgeable community members as well as mentees.
I joined WT5 since its creation and asked Robin Gross for mentorship right
away which she accepted and, though it hasn't made tremendous steps, I have
contributed to the work that was put on the table such as made suggestions
on  the Definition and Treatment of Geographic names Document and.the Terms
of Reference Document.
I have also contacted Collin Cure before ICANN61 to learn more about the
CCWP on Human Rights and recently requested to join the mailing list. I am
looking forward to learning as much as possible from it. I am also part of
the Drafting Team of “The Middle East Statement on WHOIS Compliance with
GDPR” chaired by Farzaneh Badiei  and aiming to take part on the next
comments as well.
For our NCUC Constituency session, in addition to NCUC Introduction and EC
briefings, I suggest we keep securing the time for ICANN fellows questions
and hearing from NCUC Fellows on their mentor-mentee experience and their
learning experience from the NCSG Policy Course. If time allows, we could
have some of our members sharing some regional initiatives related to NCUC
work (I hope active Remote Participation will be back to ICANN meetings).
If done at earliest convenience, it would be great to invite ICANN CEO or
some Board members and update them on the topics NCUC is working on.
 One last suggestion that I have noticed while volunteering at the booth
lately, NCUC is very attractive to a lot of people who are interested in
contributing to our issues, we just need to clarify where we are in ICANN
Ecosystem in the easiest way possible whether at outreach, NCUC session,
ICANN Fellowship session or at ICANN Information Booth and I am looking
forward to helping in these efforts.

Garanti
sans virus. www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>