[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Application for CROP - LACNIC - Updated

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:18:13 CET 2018

Dear all

An update from CROP LACNIC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ISOC SVG <svgigcp at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: Application for CROP - LACNIC - Updated
To: ec-lac at ncuc.org
Cc: chair at ncuc.org

*Dear NCUC,I am sending my updated application for NCUC CROP LAC,
addressing EC comments.  Name of
EventLACNIC29http://www.lacnic.net/lacnic29
<http://www.lacnic.net/lacnic29>Date30 April to 2 May in Panama How you
plan to outreach for NCUC at the event?I have 2 invites to sessions in
progress, LACNIC is looking into including me as participant on a panel and
Policy Forum moderator (NCUC member) also has a session approved and there
is a possibility I contribute there too. LACNIC also has an assistance
program for newcomers, several working groups and debates. The Caribbean is
traditionally less represented in these events and I feel this is a great
opportunity to do outreach for all LAC, as I'm also from an organization in
the Caribbean (ISOC SVG).I am prepared to work with NCUC and GSE to adapt
and further outline my outreach plan.I will note that I have also sent 2
works to LACNIC to be presented in the Technical Forum co-authored by
Chair. They were sent for comments to the general list and to EC.
Unfortunately they were not approved. This was my 1st time sending works to
LACNIC so I'll also try to join in other debates and sessions and work for
NCUC outreach while learning more about policy in this RIR. Why you think
your application should be considered?I am an ICANN fellow keen to be more
involved with NCUC and signed up my organization for that effect. LACNIC
has an assistance program but only covers airfare or hotel. I am signed up
but even if selected, I can not fund the other part.So CROP would be needed
in my case since it covers hotel and airfare. I am from St. Vincent and
Grenadines, relatively close to Panama, in the Caribbean.I do not need a
visa to Panama as per this
linkhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Panama
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Panama>I have  joined a GSE
webinar on Nextgen and ICANN Fellowship participants speaking about NCUC
and I am ready to do much more outreach actions if necessary. I have just
started following up comments and working groups and plan to be even more
engaged and bring more from my region. Thanks, Roxanne John*

<https://www.saleshandy.com/signup/?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=emailfooter&utm_campaign=branding>