[NCUC-EC] NCSG Webinar tomorrow

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:24:05 CEST 2018

Hi Renata

They actually want to consider our feedback and the trends we think is
emerging. The ceo last time we talked explained the intention. I copied the
note below.

• The ICANN Board is beginning to focus on the next strategic planning
cycle. NCSG is encouraged to participate in this planning exercise so that
feedback on trends that are identified as important by the community can be
provided to the Board (e.g. increased threat of DDoS attacks which was
first called out by the technical community, or increasing focus on privacy
worldwide). All groups go through the same exercise and the feedback so far
has been that it is a useful and interesting experience. The Board will
review the community input, and provide some initial views on potential
mitigating approaches for further community discussion.

--
Farzaneh