[NCUC-EC] Decision on what remains of website/database budget

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:32:10 CEST 2018

Hi Renata

There will be no binding advice from NCSG and no need to report- this is
NCUC budget and I don't know what you mean by you can access it easily. The
money is there, you ask Maryam, Maryam tells you how to go about it (I was
in the middle of writing this, and she just did). But I wonder how much
your hosting costs? It was around 350 USD during my time, I think they
moved to some VM and might be more now. and how long you want to pay for it
into the future? The budget will not go away when the leadership changes.
it will remain until January and if not used it will go to the next year I
believe.  Again you didn't have to ask me. Also whatever you spend this
budget on, you should spend it on something that does not require too much
time of the volunteers to update and sustain it.

I think Brenden at the moment pays it and gets reimbursed. Believe nudging
e-team is not a bad idea. Also if no budget is allocated to NCSG/NPOC/NCUC
next year for membership management, you can use PIR money for all the
groups for hosting. (but that's last resort)

Farzaneh