[NCUC-EC] Call for appointees PC NCUC - review until 10 july - NEW VERSION

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 03:42:32 CEST 2018

Hi Ines

Answers below

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 6:15 PM, hfaiedh ines <hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Renata.
>
> I have five questions upon which I would make suggestions:
> 1. What s the term and what are the duties of those two new appointees? We
> should add that (can Farzaneh or Rafik help us answer this) so that those
> who run have an idea about the work ahead and time commitment.

[RAR] The bylaws outline them better but basically the same tasks as
PC NCSG reps: help do policy at SG level. Self volunteered commitment
(one can volunteer the number of hours they want to work), non-funded
position but, as with all travel funding application analysis, can
count as an advantage in a selection process if the work is being done
well.

> 2. Who should they work closely with/ who should they report to

Chair and Vice-chair of PC NCUC - current PC NCSG NCUC reps

> 3. One current councillor on the list above is 'term limited' on councillor
> elections coming next month as I have just read on NCSG list, will we open
> another call for a third appointee in one and half months?

Councillors are "automatically added" as per Farzaneh's other email.
So when a new councillor is inaugurated, also gets the title of PC
NCUC member.

> 4. For chair and vice chair of the PC, should we also ask the updated list
> (with new appointees) who volunteers? do we have a procedure?

Bylaws say they should be PC NCSG reps, up to EC which is Chair and
which is Vice-Chair
Once the PC NCUC is formed, EC can deliberate that

> 5. (in keeping with question 1 on duties) Does having an NCUC PC mean that
> it will be exclusive for them to make policies etc or is it still open to
> general membership?

Any member can volunteer to do policy at anytime. PC NCUC is only a
body to collaborate with PC NCSG or on NCUC statements or letters
whenever PC NCUC deems appropriate to do it via this vehicle. I
imagine those will be rare occasions in the beginning of this new PC
NCUC, if EC comes to implement it.