[NCUC-EC] reminder: CROP proposals in evaluation

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 18:54:34 CET 2018

> My comments are under each CROP

CROP AF - Africa Internet Summit
https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2018-February/008807.html
Sent date 7Feb
NCUC Session proposal: to be sent until 2March, sent to NCUC-Discuss and
NCUC-EC
CROP Proposer: Liz Orembo
CROP Status: In evaluation by EC

Vote: The applicant doesnt quite describe her outreach plans in her
application: *" *This time I plan to work with the regional engagement
teams on ICANN sessions, main focus this time will be on NCUC and its role
at ICANN. I'm also planning on sending a presentation proposal. Until 2
March this can be done. I'll try to build this presentation with NCUC
members*" - *this feels a little empty. Also her presentation proposal is
not listed on the email, was it approved ?

CROP LAC - LACNIC29 + LACNOG
https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2018-February/008806.html
Sent date 7Feb
NCUC Session proposals: 2
NCUC Session proposal status: provisional acceptance
CROP Proposer: Roxanne John
CROP Status: In evaluation by EC

Vote*: Yes with conditions! *Presentation proposal looks consistent and is
very good, apart from that 5 min for 3 speakers looks too little time. On a
side note, I would like the applicant to be more active on the general
presentation and less of a presenter or moderator (the proposal doesnt
quite state who will be doing what). I also see no outreach plan such as
(a) draft members, (b) participate on discussions on behalf of ncuc or any
other possibility, the idea of developing outreach with GSE and not the
constituency also seems a little off - Given that the member is from the
LAC region, I would love if she could send her proposal to the list asking
for input.

CROP NA - Rightscon
https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2017-December/008643.html
Sent date 17 Dec
NCUC Session proposal: 1
NCUC Session proposal status: Accepted
CROP Proposer: Michael Karanicolas
CROP Status: In evaluation by EC

Vote: *Yes! *This is the most developed CROP proposal of them all but one
point for consideration would be to include other NCUC member in attendance
both in the Panel composition and in the management of the booth - but for
this we probably to have wait for the RightsCon funding requests to come
back.

best,
*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

+55 61 99252-6512