[NCUC-EC] [Ext] Re: CROP ALLOCATION Request for Further Procedural Information/ ICANN63/

Maryam Bakoshi maryam.bakoshi at icann.org
Wed Aug 22 13:13:32 CEST 2018

Thank you, Tapani. You are correct.

To expand on this, see below as copied from the CROP Procedures and Guidelines wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/yicFBQ

GNSO Eligible Community Group allocations (i.e. the Business, Intellectual Property, Internet Service & Internet Connectivity Providers, Non-Commercial Users, and Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituencies):

Each eligible GNSO community group is allocated up to three (3) individual regional trips, to be utilized to support its members who are located in the applicable region to ICANN Public Meetings or official meetings organized by the ICANN Organization (e.g. the GDD Summit), in accordance with the goals, strategies, and expected activities and outcomes detailed in each group’s Outreach Strategic Plan.
Where an eligible GNSO community group has used at least one (1) trip to an ICANN Public Meeting or official ICANN-organized meeting occurring in the region where supported travelers are located, it may use its remaining allocation(s) for a meeting occurring in its region that is assessed by the relevant regional Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) regional vice-president as being: (i) directly and demonstrably related to ongoing ICANN policy, advisory or technical activities (e.g. a Regional Internet Registry meeting), and (ii) is consistent with the ICANN Organization’s outreach plan for that region.

All trip requests must be submitted for the requisite concurrence by the relevant regional GSE Vice-President as well as approval by the traveler’s community group (in accordance with any criteria it may have developed for the program) no less than five (5) working days before the first day of the 6-week travel deadline. No exceptions will be allowed. By way of illustration, if the requested travel date begins on Monday 22 October 2018, the first day of the 6-week travel deadline (and thus the last day for obtaining the necessary concurrences and approvals) will be Monday 10 September 2018 and the last day for submitting the concurrence/approval request will be Friday 7 September 2018.

All necessary concurrences and approvals under the Procedures for Trip Requests and Approvals must, at a minimum, be obtained six (6) weeks before the date of originating travel for the trip being requested (i.e. by the first day of the 6-week travel deadline). No exceptions will be allowed - this period is the absolute minimum time and is not to be considered a "best practice". Notice to and planning with the appropriate regional ICANN staff (e.g. members of the relevant GSE team) should therefore take place as much in advance of the trip as possible.

--
Many thanks,

Maryam Bakoshi | SO/AC Collaboration Services Sr. Coordinator
ICANN | Internet Corporation got Assigned Names and Numbers
S: Maryam.bakoshi.icann | T: +44 7846 471777