[NCUC-EC] CROP ALLOCATION Request for Further Procedural Information/ ICANN63/

hfaiedh ines hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:51:36 CEST 2018

Dear Maryam, colleagues

I am not very up-to-date with the new procedures for CROP but from what I
undetstood is that it is now regional and only for ICANN meetings, right?
Maryam, did you receive other procedures/recommendations that we should
follow in terms of allocation process?
Should there be a call for CROP applications (separate from NCUC
Fellowship) the way it was done for NCSG and other constituencies?
and is there a deadline for this CROP? Since applicants are from Europe
region, they wouldnt need a visa I believe but it is better to have further
information on this.

Le mercredi 22 août 2018, hfaiedh ines <hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> My understanding is that we have two slots (up to 2000$ each) + 1 CROP
for Europe.

> For one of the first two slots, I would like to give a chance to Shahul
as he really deserved it. Shahul is asking for 1850$, upon reimbursement
this might go to 2000$ so from a budget side, we are good and would be
great to rotate the slots, and to have one for AP this time.
> We might want to contact him asap for visa purposes if we all agree.
>
> For the second slot and CROP slot for Europe, am also still unsure.
>
> Le mardi 21 août 2018, Bruna Martins dos Santos <bruna.mrtns at gmail.com> a
écrit :
>> Hey all,
>> According to the applications we have the following situation:
>>
>> Applicants
>>
>> NCSG
>>
>> NCUC
>>
>> NPOC
>>
>> Received NCUC Support before ?/observations
>>
>> Votes
>>
>> Farell Folly

>> Yes, ICANN61 and ICANN59
>>
>> Benjamin Akinmoyeje

>> Yes, ICANN62 -  was not able to attend the meeting due to immigration
problems.

>> Thato Mfikwe

>> Zhou Heng

>> Hago Dafalla

>> Roli Mahajan

>> Carina Birarda

>> Paulo Tavares

>> Wisdom Donkor

>> Shahul Hameed

>> Elsa
>> Michael
>>
>> Jeannete Torrez

>> Remmy Nweke

>> Dina Thomas Solveig Jalkanen

>> NCUC onboarding team member in ICANN 61.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> * Candidates in green were supported by the NPOC leadership
>>
>> There has been no advice from NCSG due to no applicant identifying
solely as NCSG member and having the NPOC supported Dina and Remmy's
applications.
>> I would like to support Shahul's application based on the fact that his
application is indeed outstanding and all the efforts he has invested on
#ASKNCUC in the past months.
>> As per the other slot, given that we recently supported Dina as NCUC
representative at the Onboarding team, I would like to give the opportunity
to someone new or who has been just as invested with a constituency as she
has. But I have not yet set my mind on the candidate.

>> best,
>> bruna
>>>
>>> Dina is in Europe, is she not? In my mind, Dina and Shahul were the
>>> two standout applicants. Perhaps we could approve Shahul for travel
>>> support, and consider Dina for CROP?

Shahul for
And after

ICANN 63