[NCUC-EC] URGENT - ICANN62 Mentees Selection - Announcement 27April

Louise Marie Hurel louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 12:41:35 CEST 2018

Hi,

My votes are primarily informed by the fact that this is a policy meeting
and that, preferably, we need people that are able to show that they have
been involved in a working group or a more straightforward plan of how
she/he intends to engage during and after the meeting in policy and NCUC
activities.

With that in mind, my votes go to Benjamin Akinmoyeje and Antonella Perini.
Benjamin was one of the few participants that explained in a more
consistent and detailed manner his plan to dedicate time and follow up
after the meeting. He has also been involved in the RDS and the RPMs
working group. Hopefully, the Policy meeting will be a moment where he can
make sense of what has been discussed in the calls.
Similarly, Antonella has engaged in the Diversity wg and would also provide
us with some kind of continuity between the buddy mentor program and the
mentees' de facto participation during the meetings. Thus, contributing to
working on mentorship and hopefully engaging the mentee in a way that
she/he feels motivated to become more active in policy processes and/or
comments.

I would very much like to support Renato Leite as he is one of the top
experts in privacy and data protection in Brazil and think he could
contribute significantly to the discussion on GDPR compliance and the RDS
working group. However, it is unfortunate that he is not involved in any
PDP and just starting to get a bit closer to the ICANN ecosystem - his
expertise would be a valuable asset for the policy forum. Would definitely
keep an eye on him.

Cheers,

Louise Marie Hurel

Cybersecurity Project Coordinator | Igarapé Institute

London School of Economics (LSE) Media and Communications (Data and Society)
Skype: louise.dias
+44 (0) 7468 906327
*l.h.dias at lse.ac.uk <l.h.dias at lse.ac.uk> *
louise.marie.hsd at gmail.com