[NCUC-EC] IGF Slots

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:49:25 CEST 2017

Dear All,

As you know we have three IGF slots granted to us by ICANN this year.

The condition based upon which these travel slots are granted are: 1. Our
workshop(s) be accepted at IGF, 2. We speak at the workshop

Tatiana and I submitted three workshop proposals (with the help of Ayden).
The one that got accepted is the private ordering workshop which Tatiana
and I are going to run so we will use two of those travel slots to travel
to Geneva.

We, fortunately, have reserved 3 travel slots unlike others who only got
two because we wrote a very extensive ABR. So  I suggest the remaining 3rd
travel slot goes to Ayden since he drafted one of the workshop proposals
(although did not get accepted) and he also submitted all of our proposals
and is very active in various policy groups at ICANN so can promote NCUC
best.

We have 5 CROPs and one can go to someone to attend IGF and they don't have
to be in the region. We can issue a call for that on NCUC mailing list but
I also suggest since we have been saving money on travel support we
allocate 2000 USD for someone who wants to go so that in the end we fund 5
people.

I will inform the members about this decision next week. I'd like to issue
the call for CROP-IGF and IGF-Travel Supp soon, preferably by next week.
Please send your thoughts soon. We need to have good criteria for selection
so that we can reward our most active members and those who will contribute
to NCUC and IGF.

Best
Farzaneh