[NCUC-EC] [Ext] members survey

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 15:16:54 CEST 2017

Hi Rafik

More answers inline, but just outlining that these are valid points
and I believe the conversation about how to better survey/research
member engagement should continue. I also think reviewing the steps
taken by the program can be done sometime in the near future - 6
months to 1 year. Maybe this can be a topic of conversation in next EC
mtg.

Of immediate action, I'm ok w/ either leaving or removing the question
from the survey that the program designed as this is a 1st time
experiment. I don't think it changes much since it is just an
indicative of "intention of leadership" doesn't document who will take
real actions to become a leader.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should manage expectations carefully and better to ask them later
> when they have better sense of what participating means. it would be even
> more effective and customized in term of mentorship.

I agree on managing expectations and customization.
It is likely too that members come from many different places and some
w/ already high expectations upon arrival.
So that customization too will have to evolve.

> I think there is misunderstanding about my comment: I only mentioned
> onboarding program as an example of initiatve to get members "trained" among
> many others done informally. My point was simply: we shouldn't ask about
> leadersip interest in the beginning, postpone such question after members
> get familiar to ICANN, NCSG and policies (let's say after 6 months) , such
> question can be asked in separate survey that can be administrated to all
> members if we want.

Sorry if I misunderstood but, as said above, I'm fine w/ the question
being there or not.
It is just an indicator of intention, not really data we can rely upon.

>> I'm interested too in the data NCSG is collecting and whether
>> constituencies will have access to it or give inputs to the form. This
>> can be too a part of the conversation.
>>

> for now, it contains only the data coming from NCSG membership application
> forms and that DB is accessible to constituencies.  that is the one used for
> NCSG election check-in process. there is no additional data yet other than
> from application form.

Thanks for this clarification