[NCUC-EC] [Ext] members survey

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 01:28:43 CEST 2017

Hi,

I found that question a little bit strange. I thought we are suggesting
mentorship opportunity for those who want to be active in working groups
etc since we need more and more participation. I don't think we should ask
new members who have just joined if they want to become leaders but instead
we should ask if they want to get actively involved in working groups for
example which that will led for those who commit to a leadership position
(running for election).
Maybe rewording it to "Do you want to get involved in policy development?"
or something similar.

the survey can only get some basic useful information about the new members
at that stage. But since we have onboarding program now and other policy
activities updates we can wait for a little with another survey to ask them
more detailed questions, when they have a better understanding of  ICANN
and NCSG work.

Btw the membership application form already includes some questions about
the reasons for an applicant who wants to join NCSG, that can be also used
to know more about him/her. Since we are also managing membership within
the new civircrm solution, why not managing survey there directly ? we are
creating members profiles in that system and there are some features (to be
set) we can explore that option instead of having google doc and scattered
info about membership. When I started working on getting new membership
database for NCSG few years ago, one purpose was to get some analytics
later by knowing more about members (more than just contact info and
country).

Best,

Rafik