[NCUC-EC] Selection of candidates for Policy Committee representatives

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:24:11 CET 2017

Thanks. That's nice of them to take the time - but I don't think it's
necessarily something we need.

There's two ways that this can go. Either they're going to express
support for a particular candidate(s), or they're going to provide
some background and insight into the current composition of the PC,
and what's needed, and such.

If the first case - I think it would be inappropriate. I think we need
to have our own process: they have their reps, we have ours, and I'd
worry a bit that if they expressed their opinions it would unduly sway
people from making up their own minds based on the candidates.

If the latter - I guess there's no harm, but I also don't really see a
strong need. I feel like there's already a lot of background material
to aid in our decision-making.

But that's just me - of course - and I've already weighed in on the
candidates myself.

Michael