[NCUC-EC] Selection of candidates for Policy Committee representatives

Bruna Martins dos Santos bruna.mrtns at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 00:03:07 CET 2017

Hey guys,

I would like to vote for Nick Shorey. Although some might argue that he
would advocate for GAC, I believe that (a) its a matter of mindset (this
coming from me - someone who has also once been government and changed
hats) and (b) even if he has a hard time on doing that, he's not at the PC
by himself, so his views would be better balanced by the other members; I
personally appreciate Nick's contributions to the list since he joined NCUC
as an individual member and as pointed by Michael, his writing skills and
experience with ICANN would be of great help.

My second vote goes to Farrell for his involvement with NCUC so far. He has
recently worked on the FAQ as an fellowship assignment during the Joburg
meeting and his contributions to both NCUC and NCSG lead me to believe he
would be a great fit for the committee, apart from the availability.

Therefore my two votes goes to Nick Shorey and Farrell Folly.

Best,
Bruna

> Hi
>
> For those who may still be in doubt or to help you deliberate, I'm
> sending more info.
>
> About documented experience in Public Comments you can see the list here
>
> https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66074625
>
> Dina Solveig Jankanen
> Farell Folly
>
> Have done and continue to conduct comments.
>
> About participating in NCUC and NCSG mailing list, you are subscribed
> and can view the archives.
> All candidates have participated.
>
> You can also check how the comments of the candidates have been
> received at NCSG PC list open archives
>
> https://lists.ncsg.is/pipermail/ncsg-pc/
>
> It doesn't seem any candidate had a public comment not approved by PC.
>
> Also, Ayden Ferderline remains on PC NCSG, just not anymore as NCUC
> rep only but GNSO Council by NCSG.
>
> Another important information, we have to announce candidates with
> your justifications for choosing them.
>
> Our archives are open and non-selected candidates can inquire/appeal
> on our decision and ask for review if they feel EC was uncertain of
> tis choice.
>
> Best,
>
> Renata

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *