[NCUC-EC] Fwd: [NCPH-Intersessional2018] Updated Schedule DRAFT & Rescheduled Planning Call - NCPH Intersessional Meeting 2018

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 00:11:09 CET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Benedetta Rossi <benedetta.rossi at icann.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 8:02 PM
Subject: [NCPH-Intersessional2018] Updated Schedule DRAFT &
Rescheduled Planning Call - NCPH Intersessional Meeting 2018
To: "ncph-intersessional2018 at icann.org" <ncph-intersessional2018 at icann.org>

Dear NCPH Planning Team,

As you may have already seen from the calendar invitation, we have
chosen to postpone the NCPH Planning call by one week to ensure we
have enough updated information to share with the planning team on the
call. Since the last planning call, Mary and I have been engaging with
the Board Operations Team and other departments to align schedules for
the various meetings occurring in Los Angeles in the early February
timeframe. Based on discussions held on the planning calls so far and
on the draft agenda, we understand that ICANN Board and Senior
Executive attendance is important to NCPH leaders, so we have adjusted
the draft agenda accordingly based on information received regarding
the Board Workshop in Los Angeles in the February timeframe.

We were notified that the incoming Board Chair has scheduled an
additional day for the Board Workshop, specifically designed for
newcomers to the Board, which clashed with the previous agenda draft.
Mary and I have been liaising with the Board Operations Team to alert
them to the specific sessions where ICANN Board member participation
would be useful, and updated the agenda to reflect a potential
workaround based on the initial information received about the ICANN
Board Workshop. We are yet to receive feedback on this agenda and
confirmations regarding Göran Marby’s availability to join the NCPH
during the penciled in slot, as well as feedback on the ICANN Board
Members’ availability to attend their penciled in slots, but will
revert back to this list upon reception.

Please find an updated draft attached for your review, and kindly note
the following changes:

We have tentatively penciled in a lunch meeting with Göran Marby with
the NCPH as a group on day 1 to liaise with Goran as a House (pending
confirmation from the planning team)
On day 2 the full ICANN Board has confirmed their availability to join
the NCPH Intersessional delegation for a one-hour lunch meeting
(pending confirmation from the planning team);
Schedule updated based on feedback from previous call regarding
additional topics, modified duration for plenaries/topics, added
guests;
The agenda is redlined, so all changes are tracked within the document;
Additional topics added based on notes from NCPH meeting at ICANN60
shared by Barbara Wanner;
Slots with ICANN Board Members penciled in for the afternoon on day 2
of the meeting to avoid clashing with the ICANN Board Workshop.

In the meantime, please feel free to use the mailing list to provide
any thoughts or reactions to the updated agenda draft in preparation
for next week’s call. We will continue to update the group if we
receive any additional information regarding the Board Workshop, or
anything further which might impact the planning of the NCPH
Intersessional Meeting.

As discussed on last week’s call, kindly share with the group any
thoughts regarding session co-chairs; nailing down the co-chairs for
each session would be useful for co-chairs to have enough time to hold
a preparatory meeting prior to the kick-off of the NCPH Intersessional
meeting.

I look forward to your initial comments on the mailing list, in
preparation for the call next week where we will hopefully be able to
share further information regarding invited guests and the alignment
of the meeting agendas and programming.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Benedetta

--

Benedetta Rossi | Manager, Policy Support & Community Services

benedetta.rossi at icann.org | +33.610.38.27.02

ICANN | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers