[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Funding civil society day before IGF

hfaiedh ines hfaiedh.ines2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 15:19:09 CET 2017

Thank you Renata for the email. Still waiting for Farzaneh s answers to
whom I directed my questions.

My comments in-line:

Civil society is made of volunteer work so when suggesting to add further
work (like an expense sheet:

The expense sheet is mandatory by those asking NCUC to fund
activities/participation and for us to approve or not a request. We had a
 detailed expense sheet from Thato for our Outreach event in Johannesburg
so that we had a better idea of how much is going where and we even ask
NCUC members to give us details of expenses for partial travel funding
requests. So this isn't new to us.

or a call for other volunteers to do work etc.) and not presenting yourself
with collaborative work only adds issues, does not solve problems.

Not sure what you are suggesting here. This is to be done by those asking
for NCUC funds not by the ECs reviewing requests.

This event is being organized by a committee, who has offered this space to
NCUC.

This is labelled as NCSG not NCUC. And NCSG also includes NPOC that is the
reason behind my question if they are financially contributing or not.
Their interest in participating in the event or not is none of my business.

Being part of the representation of NCUC also means being supportive of the
group including our colleagues. We have an opening to deliver in an event
we are supporting.

We are still deliberating on financially supporting the event or not.
Having an opening speech by any one of NCUC leadership doesnt make it an
outreach event and there is definetely no privelege in this appearance,
this EC team has enough regional and global appearances to take it this
way. However, there should be a concrete input to consider this as outreach
in order to allocate or not NCUC funds.