[NCUC-EC] NCUC Outreach in Brazil - asking for support

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 00:05:28 CEST 2017

Dear EC

As I have already mentioned on the list, there was a possibility for
NCUC to do outreach in the South School of Internet Governance in Rio
on this 1st week of April. GSE approved 2 plane tickets - FOR - RIO
and RIO - FOR.

Knowing that there would be this event in Rio, several of the
universities and other spaces which are interested in ICANN and NCUC
work have reached out to book talks.
In Rio, we have booked 2 talks.

I could raise funding for myself to SP for 2 talks in universities there.

However, we received requests to Curitiba, Brasilia and Fortaleza (my
hometown, needing a plane ticket to arrive earlier). In all these
talks we would have as partner ICANNWiki for folks to do a hands-on on
editing wiki entries about ICANN policy work.

In total, Curitiba would be 1 talk - raised by our member/fellow
Claudio Lucena -, Brasilia 1 talk - our member Bruna Santos arranged
-, Fortaleza 5 talks - 4 universities I arranged and 1 talk in a
Secretary of Science and Technology event.

To do all that it is necessary 500USD approximately
Cost breakdown
Rio - Curitiba - 100USD
Curitiba - Sao Paulo - 100USD
SP - Brasilia - 100 USD
Brasilia - FOR - 100USD - changed from RIO - FOR

The programme of talks is at http://bit.ly/ssigside  (3 universities
in FOR I still have to add atm)

Ticket planes in Brazil are expensive if you buy them close to the
date so I would kindly request EC to deliberate as soon as you can

I am available for any other information or suggestion EC may have

If it's not possible to go these spaces, unfortunately we'll have to
cancel the talks because the universities don't really have a culture
of remote participation so we can't start our relationship with them
doing talks remotely. In the future, if we do this, it would be good
if we could continue the relationship with the universities on
occasional webinars or remote hubs to ICANN meetings (as you know
there are no meetings in LAC until 2018).

Thank you

Renata