[NCUC-EC] Outreach or travel support for Johannesburg ICANN meeting

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 00:51:50 CEST 2017

All,

As you know we are planning a one and a half event in Johannesburg before
ICANN.

We can issue a call for NCUC members to apply for travel support and have
our fellowship program again.

Or we could add the available travel fund (up to 4000 USD) to the outreach
budget  and add it to the 7500 USD we will receive and spend it on various
things such as flying in those taking a lead in outreach and policy forum
or save it for other expenses.

I don't know if my suggestion is breaking any rules, so veterans can jump
in and say it might not be possible. Also Ines asked if we have a budget
for outreach. We don't have a budget for outreach to fund from our own
budget but we do have a budget for external ICANN meeting travel which
could be used for outreach purposes. Do others think we should have a
separate budget for outreach?

Farzaneh