[NCUC-EC] [NCUC-DISCUSS] FW: Urgent - Anti harassment policy public comment

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:18:57 CET 2017

Hi

This work will inevitably move forward. So NCUC should be a part of it.

However, I would like to second Anna's process concerns.

And add to those other concerns.

The public comments process is currently done by a small circle of
participants, who leads this process and how it finishes depends
immensely on who these participants are.
The theme of this particular public comment deals with issues of
intimidation and power, the core nature of harassment, and it is very
unfortunate the final comment is a byproduct of a process which left
room for improvement when it comes to empowerment and transparency in
collaborative processes.
I thought about abstaining from moving this forward but I also believe
that the best way to counter harassment and to discuss ways to fight
it is to talk about it. So this result is better than no result. And
hopefully next processes are improved.

Best,

Renata