[NCUC-EC] NCUC Operating Procedures

Michael Karanicolas michael at law-democracy.org
Sun Aug 27 18:57:00 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I agree with "guidelines" rather than requirements.

I just tried to edit the transparency sections, but the doc told me my
access had changed halfway through. A couple of small suggested changes, as
follows:

C.  Review and selection of candidates:
1. NCUC EC will review all the candidates’ statements
2. NCUC EC will evaluate each application based on qualifications
3. Each NCUC EC member will provide justification as to why one candidate
is more qualified than other applicants. Candidates who are not selected
for the position shall be sent an email by the NCUC Chair informing them of
the EC’s decision. *Upon request of the candidate, or where otherwise
appropriate, the Chair shall communicate to the applicant how they can
increase their chances of appointment in future rounds.*
4. If the NCUC EC does not agree on a candidate a meeting shall be arranged
to discuss and deliberate the candidates applications
5. The deliberations about the candidates should be held confidentially but
the record should be kept by Chair
6. The meeting will be held privately but the notes, recording and the
transcript should be kept in case the EC decision is challenged * Upon
request of the candidate(s), a more detailed account of the assessment of
their candidacy will be provided. *

Best,

Michael