[NCUC-EC] NCUC and Policy Practicum

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 03:58:51 CEST 2017

Dear All,

As you know our additional budget request was approved for policy practicum
for NCUC for the amount of 20,000. I have copied and pasted the approval
text below.

They did not allocate any travel slots to this, but we could use the NCUC
travel support for people to attend the policy practicum. The most
important question now is: since we want to hire a consultant to train our
members how to write public comments and get involved with working groups,
which organizations are good for this task? We need to provide some
suggestions to ICANN but we will not be the decision makers over who will
be the consultant. But if you know of good policy advocacy training firms,
let me know very soon.

*FY18-15-* *NCUC -  Policy Practicum and Policy Advocacy Training*

*Request for NCUC member training in policy writing skills for PDP
participation and contribution to ICANN public comment process.*

(Yes)(20,000)(Duncan Burns)

The ICANN Communications Team and the ICANN Learn Team will collaborate
with the Non Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC) leadership to develop
content and to hold preparatory webinars as required leading up to a pilot
face-to-face training course at ICANN61 with an external consultant during
the regular public meeting schedule. The face-to-face training at ICANN61
will focus on skills development for policy writing. Additional resources
flexibility is not available in FY18 to support additional travelers for
the travel component of this request, but the NCUC is encouraged to
identify interested community members who will already be attending the
ICANN61 meeting to sign up for the face-to-face component of this training
effort. On a pilot basis, additional webinars could be incorporated into
this program as a substitute for students who cannot participate in the
face-to-face training.
Farzaneh