[NCUC-EC] travel support requests

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 07:26:11 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

We need to decide on both outreach and funded travelers for NCUC by end of
Monday hopefully so that we can get going.

I will send you their requests in personal email since it has their email
addresses on it.
The difference between those applied for my travel slot and applied for
NCUC was that sometimes those that applied for my travel slot their
statement does not cover everything or they don't provide cost estimates. I
have not included those who only applied for outreach other than Stephanie.
Renata has sent you a list, we should get that done pretty quickly too.

Bruna Santos (doesn't mention, applied for my travel slot)

Cláudio Lucena (doesn't mention, applied for my travel slot)

Matthew Shears (full funding, cannot attend outreach)

Michael Karanikolas (asked for hotel coverage only, airfare is covered,
might be able to help with outreach)
Remmy (Africa, doesn't mention)
Farrel Folly (Africa, 1690 or 1890)
Puneeth Nagaraj (Asia Pacific, 1600 USD)
Shahoo (Asia Pacific, 1350 USD)
Rusu ( contacted me but didn't really apply)

I have to say this is a great group of members  asking for funding. I wish
we could get on board most of them but that's not possible.

EC should come up with : Who gets my travel slot?

- How much NCUC support does EC  want to give? (initially agreed on 2000
USD)

- Who gets NCUC support

- Who gets covered for the nights of outreach (Renata sent the list)
Note that for hotel coverage, some may have asked for 2 nights, but we
really need to cover their three nights (except Bill) to be able to attend
outreach fully.

It needs to be done quickly. So please discuss and decide by end of Monday.

Farzaneh