[NCUC-EC] NCUC election 2016

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 14 05:36:01 CEST 2016

I agree with the proposed timeline.
Can't see any problems with it
--MM

From: NCUC-EC [mailto:ncuc-ec-bounces at lists.ncuc.org] On Behalf Of Grace Githaiga
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:11 PM
To: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com>; ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org
Subject: Re: [NCUC-EC] NCUC election 2016

I am okay Rafik.
________________________________
From: rafik.dammak at gmail.com<mailto:rafik.dammak at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 15:33:41 +0900
To: ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org<mailto:ncuc-ec at lists.ncuc.org>

Hi everyone,

any comment about the timeline?
we should also start the check-in process like every year (something we can use later for the definition of "active" member).
I think we have a script from last elections that we can use again.
I would like to make the announcement before the end of this month.

Best,

Rafik
Hi everyone,

please find below the proposed adjusted election timeline:

31 Oct. - 13 Nov.:  Nominations period
14 Nov-20 November:    Candidates submit statements period  , including meeting the candidates call
21 Nov. - 4 December.:  Election period
5 December : Results announcement

this timeline can make it to synchronize for the voting for the charter amendment.
I need also to check with Glen if she will be available at the election period since she is our election officer.

other than the timeline, we need to work on the procedures a little bit to clarify points about ballots etc. having regional seats makes things more straightforward.

Best,

Rafik

Hi everyone,

another topic we have to work on for the coming days. we need to agree for the timeline for NCUC election.
While I wanted to have the election more earlier and preferably before next ICANN meeting, I don't think that would be feasible. so I would suggest that our tentative date for election will be to get the results before end of November and hopefully for next year the new EC can organize it before AGM meeting. for reference, you can find info about last year election here https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomuserconst/Elections+2015

Tentative timeline:

24 Oct. - 6 Nov.:  Nominations period
7 Nov-13 November:    Candidates submit statements period  , including meeting the candidates call
14 Nov. - 27 Nov.:  Election period
28 Nov: Results announcement

we should make announcement 2 months prior and also do our usual check-in process, hopefully leveraging the one made by NCSG. we also need to synchronize it with the charter amendment process

@Maryam, I cannot find the records of previous elections in NCUC website but only in NCUC wiki, please copy them to the website.

Best,

Rafik