[NCUC-EC] NCUC election ballot

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 08:57:25 CET 2016

Hi from the peanut gallery

> On Nov 15, 2016, at 03:26, Tapani Tarvainen <ncuc at TAPANI.TARVAINEN.INFO> wrote:
>
> The weights are indeed different in NCUC bylaws and NCSG charter,
> but historical precedent has been to use NCSG weights also in NCUC
> elections. I raised the point with Bill Drake in 2013 when he was
> chair and I was in the EC, and he argued (and prevailed) that
> precedent and consistency with NCSG was more important.
>
> I believe that's the way it's been done ever since (as well as always
> before), including last year (I seem to recall we discussed this then,
> too).

FWIW yes I was multiply advised that the practice had been to align with NCSG as ‘higher’ level of organization so as to avoid any scrutiny/challenges based on discrepancy, so we kept with it.  Consistency across levels and time seemed a reasonable objective and this was an acknowledged area when the older bylaws needed reform to fit the newer charter.

BD