[NCUC-EC] Outreach events opportunities / CROPP

João Carlos Rebello Caribé caribe at entropia.blog.br
Tue Nov 1 13:20:59 CET 2016

Good idea, both events seems to be a great, I participated on Rightscon at Rio and was a great opportunity to share to a high receptive audience, that would be increased.

I'm personally interested on Internet Freedom Festival, just because is exactly my focus of activity.

Anyway I'm interesting in help to NCUC send some representants to express our agenda and concerns.

Em 31/10/2016, às 23:48, Rafik Dammak escreveu:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am sending this to suggest 2 opportunities for NCUC outreach:
>
> - Rightscon in Brussels (29th-31st  March 2017)
>
> I attended Rightscon this year and organized a workshop there about Domain names Policies and why it matters for users. There are several civil society organizations and activists attending it and there is definitely interest. the conference is also organized by NCUC member, Accessnow.
>
> We should submit a proposal for a session and also think about using the CROPP fund (7500USD) to organize an  outreach or satellite event https://www.rightscon.org/submission-guidelines/ (there is ICANN office there and we may used for some evening reception etc as we did for CPDP in January). the deadline for session submission is 25th November.
>
> - Internet Freedom Festival March 2017
> I was approached for this 2016 edition by Kim Pham who is NCUC member, working for IREX,  and encouraged NCUC to participate. Renata is involved in 2017 edition and reached me for NCUC to submit a session proposal https://internetfreedomfestival.org/host-a-session/ (The *final deadline* for submission on Monday, November 28th, 2016 )
>
> the crowd there is different and include many who don't come to IGF or ICANN meetings. so a high potential for outreach and build awareness about domain names issues for those involved in digital security
>
> There is also the IFF Diversity & Inclusion Fund which offers a limited amount of travel assistance to the event, to participants whose session proposals are selected for
> the festival program.  https://internetfreedomfestival.org/internet-freedom-festival-diversity-inclusion-fund/
>
> Renata also shared those 2 documents and offering to help  http://bit.ly/iff2017draft and http://bit.ly/iff2017t
>
> as reminder, we have also one CROPP travel to use before July 2017.
>
> looking for your input here, at least we can draft the sessions proposals .
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Rafik

João Carlos R. Caribé
Transdisciplinary Consultant - Wazushi