[NCUC-EC] Outreach events opportunities / CROPP

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 02:48:41 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

I am sending this to suggest 2 opportunities for NCUC outreach:

- Rightscon in Brussels (29th-31st  March 2017)

I attended Rightscon this year and organized a workshop there about Domain
names Policies and why it matters for users. There are several civil
society organizations and activists attending it and there is definitely
interest. the conference is also organized by NCUC member, Accessnow.

We should submit a proposal for a session and also think about using the
CROPP fund (7500USD) to organize an  outreach or satellite event
https://www.rightscon.org/submission-guidelines/ (there is ICANN office
there and we may used for some evening reception etc as we did for CPDP in
January). the deadline for session submission is 25th November.

- Internet Freedom Festival March 2017
I was approached for this 2016 edition by Kim Pham who is NCUC member,
working for IREX,  and encouraged NCUC to participate. Renata is involved
in 2017 edition and reached me for NCUC to submit a session proposal
https://internetfreedomfestival.org/host-a-session/ (The *final deadline*
for submission on Monday, November 28th, 2016 )

the crowd there is different and include many who don't come to IGF or
ICANN meetings. so a high potential for outreach and build awareness about
domain names issues for those involved in digital security

There is also the IFF Diversity & Inclusion Fund which offers a limited
amount of travel assistance to the event, to participants whose session
proposals are selected for
the festival program.  https://internetfreedomfestival.org/internet-freedom-
festival-diversity-inclusion-fund/

Renata also shared those 2 documents and offering to help
http://bit.ly/iff2017draft and http://bit.ly/iff2017t

as reminder, we have also one CROPP travel to use before July 2017.

looking for your input here, at least we can draft the sessions proposals .

Best Regards,

Rafik