[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Update on Helsinki Fellowship and 2 DPRD Programs: Fellowship Program Review and Community Onboarding Pilot Program

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:55:22 CEST 2016

Hi Rafik

Janice says

T*his effort began by working with members of ICANN’s Policy staff to
select members of almost every ICANN community, both experienced and
“new-ish but ready”, to fill the roles of Mentors and Mentees going into
ICANN55*,

But policy staff didn't select members for onboarding program. We
recommended names. So we participated alittle in decision making. What I
think later on was bad design of the program was continuing it without
consultation with us. approaching Kathy without letting us know that they
are continuing the program was a misstep. This part was not clear. I am
very happy that Kathy gets to travel and mentor but I think staff should
have consulted with us about the continuation and includ us in the decision
making in the following round too.

On 6 May 2016 at 16:48, Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> sharing here communication from Janice about 2 things: the mentorship
> program, now called onboard program and the review of fellowship program.
> the message is little bit confusing , at least for me and I would advice
> you to read it carefully and check the attachments. I need some feedback
> here.
>
> for the onboard program, I am kind of concerned that is supposed to
> support community but we are not really involved on its design. for
> fellowship review, we may think what kind inputs we can provide here
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik

Farzaneh