[NCUC-EC] Request for funding an event

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:59:07 CEST 2016

Dear EC

I am the NCSG representative for organizing a civil society day before IGF
2016 which will be held in Mexico.Best Bits used to organize this event.
This year they decided to have representatives from CSCG (which we are a
part of).

The program has not been set yet but in the past, they have discussed
various issues such as multistakeholder participation, global venues that
discuss Internet public policy and civil society participation in those
venues. NCUC can fit well in these discussions, and we can present our work
and publicize NCUC.

At the moment in the organizing group, we are discussing how to fund the
event (cover for the conference room, coffee breaks etc) . I think
supporting an event like this can give us more visibility and show that we
are active in other venues too. It can also help with our outreach.

 I wanted to ask the EC whether they agree to fund this event for 1000 USD.
This will be just a one-off support. We can also work on guidelines on how
to deal with requests similar to this.

Best

--
Farzaneh