[NCUC-EC] Fwd: Mentor Pilot Program Guide

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Fri Jan 22 17:53:50 CET 2016

All,

ICANN is doing a pilot mentoring program, starting in Marrakech,
and is asking constituencies to name Mentors and Mentees, one each.

As Rafik left me a quick note saying he'll be offline for several
days and this is urgent, I'm taking it on myself to bring this
to your consideration, and will relay the decision to ICANN.

If you prefer to have one of you, NCUC EC members proper,
handle this, I will of course be happy to leave it to you.

But: Two names are needed: one experiend ICANN veteran as mentor,
and one newbie as mentee.

They want names as soon as possible, preferably on Monday.

I'll attach guide to the program. Note that both mentor and mentee
are expected to carry on with Skype and web conferences &c between
meetings, so it's a significant time commitment.

I don't know if there will be travel support to later meetings.
Probably ICANN doesn't know either.

Suggestions welcome, either names directly or ideas how to do the
selection, should we call for volunteers on ncuc-discuss &c.

--
Tapani Tarvainen