[NCUC-EC] Call for candidates for GNSO SCI

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:45:05 CET 2016

Hi,

Appointing someone is always kind of bet at the end. so we have think on
how to follow-up and help him/her. Someone experienced like Amr as
alternate will help for sure but that also needs commitment from whoever
will be selected as main rep. all training, support or mentorship cannot
supplement personal work and learning. for Renata, I appreciate her
willingness to be involved and motivation. I also notice that she is trying
to get involved in several places. regardless who we would select, we need
to be clear about the time commitment (to my understanding most of the SCI
work is done in their regular confcalls)

for example for SCI, I would expect our rep to bring any issues under
discussion and asking for comments. SCI is about GNSO working and
procedures, it is quite critical and need some insight about GNSO dynamics
and functioning. putting a newbie will be a huge bet.

I am going to follow the work of our appointees, discuss with and ask them
for regular reports and feedback, sharing them either with EC or general
membership. I think that will ensure some accountability but also that they
are backed and supported. I also thinking to create a "ncuc leadership"
mailing list including EC and all NCUC appointees, so we can discuss
regularly there and share info.

if there is concern, we can extend the call by few days and mostly doing a
reminder this week . we may get more applications. we sent several calls
and the SCI one may just be overlooked.

Best,

Rafik