[NCUC-EC] final text for CROPP call

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:50:29 CET 2016

hi everyone,

please find below the call for CROPP to be sent to the ncuc list. please
review it. I made some edits taking Milton suggestions.
for the selection, we have already the request from Bill to be considered
too.

Best,

Rafik

================

Dear NCUC members

The Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program (CROPP)
<https://community.icann.org/display/croppfy16/Community+Regional+Outreach+Pilot+Program+%28CROPP%29-FY16+Home>
allocates each
stakeholder group with funds for five travel slots to attend a
meeting/event. As the program names says, support is for outreach. We have
five slots for 2016; one has already been allocated to an NCUC member to
attend CPDPhttp://www.cpdpconferences.org/ in Brussels.

At the moment we have four opportunities for funding to attend
conferences/events and do NCUC outreach.

You are invited to send us proposals to get funded to attend a conference
that is related to Internet policy/governance and ICANN and civil society
work, and give us a concrete action plan on how you will do outreach for
NCUC. For example, this might be organizing a short 30 minute session at
the conference or if possible a side event. The deadline is March 1. If the
EC does not receive enough or satisfactory proposals the deadline will be
extended.

Priority will go to  regions that have not been allocated CROPP. Especially
Africa, Asia-Pacific, South East Europe and Central Asia. However the main
priority is the quality of the proposal and how you will carry out
outreach.

The eligibility criteria:

1. Concrete outreach plan with a targeted audience

2. Conferences that are related to ICANN and NCUC mission - They do not
have to be Internet related but can be related to for example transparency
of corporations or bottom up policy making. The relation to ICANN and NCUC
mission should be justified.

Participants are required to write a blogpost about the conference, and
to report on their outreach to the NCUC Executive Committee, giving any
leads to organizations and individuals who showed interest to join NCUC.

Best