[NCUC-EC] NCUC website

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 00:17:48 CET 2016

Hi

I’m all in favor of putting the new website in production
Once it is online, we start fixing it.

If we don’t have 1 nominated editor, we can have a a group of editors.
I’d suggest posting the call for an editorial team, which will decide
on an editorial policy w/ the EC. All volunteers properly credited for
a nice boost to their internet governance skills resumé.

A few observations regarding the new pilot. Of course, these can be
noted in the future too.

* Languages - I suspect this would be Google Translator. I’d not put
it there once proper translation is available.

* Social media - NCUC only has twitter right? RSS, Twitter and a
Facebook page can be interlinked and automated so I’d do that. An
Youtube could be good, could be a repost of IGF or other videos, in
case apocalypse comes to the channels where they are now. Vimeo,
Google Plus, Linkedin aren’t worth the energy - yet.
Bottom has odd ball, pinterest - not worth it.
Instagram w/ #NCUC tag ok.

* Volunteer/member - Leave always member

* Double menu entries - I don’t get why FAQ/What we do/Our Story/Be a
volunteer/Contact us and Get Involved/About/Policy/News and Media
Too much
Leave in the corner menu just Site Map/Contact us
FAQ would be moved under About

* Contact Information - Substitute false text for one liner on ncuc
and link to ICANN (maybe logo too) and ICANN wiki

* Latest works - change to latest members and names list

* Recent posts - change to recent Public Comments (individual members
may be interested)

* Main menu - leave just the text which is ready for now. Working
teams, for instance, are not really functional, are they? There are
too many sections. News and Media are 2 different things. And not
really sure media deserves a section on itself. No reason for a video
section once Youtube is there. Lists archives should be linked
somewhere and better for search.

Once the website is in production, another look at main menu is
important. Lots of crazy random content.

Make it also easy to tag and share things. Current content is cryptic
on titles and intro texts.

Best,

Renata